Are you addicted to Love, to Sex or maybe to Porno?
Are you denying your Addiction?
Oh no, no, no that's not a good sign. In order to get rid of any addiction you Might as well Face it. But, in order to face it you need to know What it is and How it works.
Before scrolling down to enrich the knowledge let's take a simple and an easy quiz to see if you are likely a Love Addict.
Love Addiction Quiz
1. Did you once think that if only someone loved you in that "special way" you would be happy for the rest of your life?
2. Were you or are you pre-occupied with the notions of love as expressed in music, movies and fiction?
3. Have you ever tried to talk yourself into loving someone you weren't particularly fond of because you needed the love NOW?
4. Have you felt the need to prop up or do a total makeover on your partner early on in your relationship rather than admit that he/she wasn't right for you and end it?
5. Have you stayed in a bad relationship or repeatedly returned to an ex-partner because you couldn't stand to be alone?
6. When you are in a committed relationship do you wonder if you chose the RIGHT one or fantasize about a lover from your past, thinking you should have kept him or her and then you would be happier?
7. Have you used the words "soul mate" in reference to how love should be?
8. Since age 18 what is the longest period of time you were totally unattached and not fretting about some love interest?
9. Are you able to take the time necessary to heal and do a thorough post mortem on a failed relationship before running out to find a new "friend" which quickly becomes a rebound lover?
10. Do you expect your lover to make you feel loved and lovable?
You did it. You answered all the questions.
Now, step back and swallow the knowledge.
Don't even thing to score or rate yourself.
You know who you are now!
If you suspect you are a Love Addict please don't feel bad about it. I was a member of the Love Addicts Club for almost my entire life as well. I too was fallen in love with love and I too had pushed it to the edges.
There was a certain point in my life where I started believing that I just couldn't find the right man, to be more accurate, I felt not good enough to be loved by the prince.
Out there are people who jump from one relationship to another in search of that wonderful feeling they once had. Others stay, despite feeling dissatisfied, harboring secret thoughts of leaving, cultivating emotional affairs, or cheating from time to time, having no clue about the real problem.
In my effort to compromise with the "Presumable Love" I had accepted to be cheated by my husband. I rose up in a society which believes, “The man has the right to cheat his wife.” God, how stupid is this line. Actually is a thought full of discrimination. Here’s how we ended up in #MeToo and #TimesUp.
No, cheating is not alright. If your partner is cheating you that have nothing to do with you, is all about his/her upbringing. But if you accept being cheated that has absolutely to do with you only. (Details in the next Article)
Addiction can be defined in a general way as a compulsive (repeated action without choice) and chronic (ongoing over time) pattern of using a substance or behavior for soothing, comforting or arousal as a means of medicating uncomfortable feelings.
Addicts people typically continue use of their "drug of choice" despite negative consequences. Funny isn't it, seeing that is wrong and still believing it's ALRIGHT. Haha
What about the Sex Addiction? Good question huh?
A compulsive pattern of pursuing sexual arousal independent of emotional attachments is a Sex Addiction.
What about Love? Whats wrong with falling in love? Why Love sometimes turns out in a disappointed feeling that most of us won't believe anymore?
Stay tune, How to Brake Love, Sex, and Porno addiction coming up next.
Rachel Uchitel, an alleged Tiger Woods' Mistress, spoke openly about her addiction to love.
"In my experience, the most difficult love addicts to help are those who actually develop committed relationships with two or more people at the same time. What a dilemma, they say! Who should I pick? They really believe that the only problem they have is deciding who would be the best choice."
There is nothing dysfunctional about wanting love though.
To be continued on Friday, March 2nd.