• EB

The bitter truth about the deadly bacterial infection of MRSA


Carole and Ty Moss’s family tragedy is a living example of the bitter truth about the deadly bacterial infection that kills thousands of people every year around the world. Lack of knowledge of its existence makes us unaware of the way how to protect ourselves and family from this preventable bacterial infection called MRSA (Methicillin-Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus).

At the age of six weeks, Nile was diagnosed with hydrocephalus also called water on the brain. After thorough research, the Moss family decided to move to the countryside, across the street from a school suited for children with special needs.

With the help of his parents, along with specialists, neurologists, speech therapists, psychologists, and teachers for children with special needs, Nile managed to have a normal childhood. He traveled the world with the family during their annual vacations and, of course, he loved going at school every day and riding his horse, Tex.

Ten years later, while Nile was preparing to enroll in high school, fate would strike the Moss family again, this time with the fatal illness.

In 2006, after a routine MRI examination at the local hospital, Nile contracted the deadly MRSA bacteria.

"The next day our son awoke with breathlessness and fever. Immediately, we returned to the hospital. The doctor dispensed a useless prescription. As we were waiting in the pharmacy line to buy the antibiotics, our son’s health continued to deteriorate. Several hours later he passed away", says Carolina in a firm voice.

Looking at me straight to the eyes she added, "Months later, after persistent and thorough research, we found out that our son could have been saved if the hospital had used a rapid test that was available and could have identified the deadly MRSA bacteria and implemented immediate treatment."

"We lost our child because of the carelessness and ignorance of the medical staff,” declared Ty, breathing deeply as he was trying to swallow his pain.

The greatest human pain, the death of their 15-year-old son, the couple managed to convert it into Life Mission.

Today, they are working feverishly in educating people how to protect themselves from the deadly super bacterium of MRSA. Information on their research work can be found at www.nilesproject.com

The bacterial complex, known as MRSA was first discovered in 1961, along with the antibiotics for its treatment. However, over time the bacterium acquired resistance to many of the common remedy antibiotics, such as methicillin, amoxicillin, penicillin, oxacillin, and others. Every year in Europe and the United States, 27% of the people contaminated by staphylococcus bacteria die.

The deadly MRSA bacterium is transmitted by contact in healthcare and public facilities such as hospitals, clinics, restrooms, gyms, schools, etc. If someone touches a contaminated person or surgical devices, such as catheters, feeding tubes, etc., they will definitely be infected.

Most susceptible to this bacterium are people with weak immune systems and surgical wounds in hospitals, nursing homes, or other healthcare centers. It’s worth emphasizing that the average age of MRSA infected people is 23 years old.

This tragic story is being played out every day around the world without boundaries or distinctions. Regardless the economic standing the chances to be infected by the MRSA bacteria is huge. It doesn't matter if you're a millionaire, a successful businessman, a famous athlete, an entertainer, or even a healthcare professional with the best insurance coverage in the best hospital.

Only the knowledge of the symptoms of this lethal bacterial infection will stop its frantic activity, and will save you or others from lifelong medical issues and thus escape the claws of death.

One recent example is the “King of Pop” story. In 2009, after the last surgery on his nose in the hospital, Michael Jackson contracted the deadly bacterium MRSA. His usually pale skin, face and body were covered with red and purple blotches. The bacterium was turning into a flesh-eating disorder by killing off Michael Jackson’s skin.

Fortunately that time, the doctors in the Beverly Hills hospital took good care of Pop Star Michael Jackson.

#MRSA #httpwwwnilesprojectcom #TyandCaroleMoss

2017 Elira Bregu Los Angeles CA USA